I know...even though I am not dating right now...I just want to know if there are any more legit guys out there. I am thinking the answer is a BIG FAT NO! Compeletly over the LIES and the games. If I have to walk this life alone...then so be it, but come on! I know so many legit, amazing, gorgeous girls...and the crap you put them through and me...is just ridiculous. Not to be crass, but come on dudes, grow a pair and be men....for the love!
4 comments:
as a man who, up until recently, was single and who has many many single male friends, i have to tell you that there are a ton of great unmarried guys out there still.
the issue from a man's side is that so many women have completely unrealistic expectations and an unattainable checklist of "what my man has to be like." many single women are unwilling to meet a man where he is and accept that he's flawed, broken and has issues just like she does. they are also unwilling to look at a man that doesn't fit their pre-conceived ideas of who they're gonna marry as anything more than friend material.
i don't know about you, but i find that God almost always has different plans for me than i do... it's never what i expect and it's always better than i imagined it could be.
just sayin'... don't be raggin' on single dudes... there are some really great ones out there who have just been wounded or who are just flat never given a chance...
understand this was written out of total frustration...hangin' with some amazing friends...hearing stories...been through mine own "ish"...
not raggin' on single dudes...just raggin' on the ones who can't be legit and have an agenda other then be chill, down to earth guys, quality dudes. I think amoungst my friends and I...reality is...we are not looking for anyone perfect or unflawed...just someone open and honest.
Totally get what you are saying though...good food for thought
PS....Chris, I just realize this was you ;) good thoughts to bring to the table. haha
i totally understand that frustration. absolutely.
and you're right - there are some guys out there who have bought into the movie image of single male adulthood or who refuse to grow up or who are just plain jerks. i'm not denying any of that... those fellas give the rest a bad rap.
all i'm saying is that a lot of single women above the age of around 25 tend to almost clothe themselves in an almost hostile air in an effort to create a level of distance from men in order to protect themselves from the jerk faces. this unfortunately also distances them from the good guys since a good man doesn't push his presence where he perceives it's not wanted.
not saying that you and yours do that... just something i've noticed and experienced... and watched happen with new eyes very recently between single women who feel like you (who i've had conversations about this with) and good, Godly, honest single men who i KNOW feel the same way...
Post a Comment