Friday, August 10, 2012

Birth Day




A friend during birthday fun asked me if there was any good story to my birth... After I told her she was like you should probably share that. So, here I am writing it down.

One night when my parents Steve and Beckie were.....(I keep I keed) Speed up a few months to where my mom (lovingly refered to as "midge") was at a Dr's appt about her pregnancy and was told there was a red flag on the play. They told her that the chances of this child coming out normal were slim to none (here's where you make the cracks about me not being normal...let it out...haha). The Dr. actually advised my mom to abort me. That the risk of me being deaf, blind, have deformations were too high and the risk of this pregnancy on my little mom was high.

My mom and dad decided to just take it to God and start praying for wisdom and that He would heal their baby (me). In one of my mom's prayer times, the Lord gave my mom the verse Proverbs 3:5-6 (now you know why it's my life's verse & why it's tattooed on my foot).


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight




My mom knew that this was for her and for me. That day she went out and bought a cross-stitch pattern and started cross-stitching that verse in prep for when I came.

The day came early and my poor little midge was getting ready to have the c-section to get me out. They got me out and my dad had me in his hands getting me into the little incubator and getting me breathing (my dad was a medic in the AF) when all of a sudden my mom flat-lined. My dad made sure I was good for the time being and ran over to my mom and well brought her back. Pretty much he is BA and saved both his girls lives that day.

After all settled, I was moved to another hospital where they could handle my situation better - apparently off the base. My next 3 months were in a incubator where I was only poked and prodded with needles and studied. I had a huge hemangioma on the left side of my head. They wanted to operate but were unsure if part of my brain was in there. And yes, there was a picture of me in the Minot newspaper which my parents have. I also had a huge birthmark on my face. I was a mess facial/head wise.

That being said, obviously my parents held onto the scripture (Prov. 3:5-6) and continuously prayed about my condition. Long short of it all....the hemangioma is gone (granted when the weather changes to cold or I wear a ponytail for too long - my left side of my head gets pretty tender - kinda wacky but that's it) and the huge birthmarks on my face are gone. All in all I am A-okay! ;)

There you have it...the miracle of my birth and when Proverbs 3:5-6 became a scripture I held onto as a "life verse" - literally.

No comments: