Give it everything you have, heart and soul...Don't get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you're going...Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take." - Joshua 1:7 & 9
Was reading this in my quiet time today and have to confess I have been a bit lazy & lax with taking the steps that I need to do in order to be able to move onto the next chapter. Parts I am so excited about and others I am quite intimidated by....but I know it's going to happen either way....so why not put my best foot forward and move in the direction I know I am supposed to....even though I am not certain of the outcome. I know a lot of people are feeling this way...and when you are not sure at times of what is going on...you stand still when you should Be Strong & Be Courageous...moving forward in what you know God is asking you to "follow" or walk through regardless of the unknown or insecurities.
Hopefully in this next week I will be CAR DEBT FREE!! So excited about that and ready to kill a monthly payment and be able to focus on something else. Which then leads me into the living situation...do I buy (seems like a good time for a first time home-owner and that way I stop throwing a monthly rent away), rent a place by myself, or try another roommate situation. Things I am praying about and needing to figure out by next month. Cannot wait to fly back to Seattle to bring my doggy back. I miss my little shedless bundle of white fluff! ;)
Lots more going on this head....but have such an underlining peace amoungst the chaos-ish and so incredibly thankful for people who KNOW me and KNOW how to keep me in check, be an encouragement, and do life with. Having that "stability" in sucha season of change helps the process and to feel some sort of security....even though I know my TRUE security is found in God alone.
I am a bit flustered, but I am excited
I am a bit nervous, but I know I must have courage
I am a bit stressed, but I know He's in control...I must listen and obey
All that being said...time to knock out some more thoughts for Charge Nashville's social media. Excited to get our youth group stuff more interactive & cohesive for all the munchkins! woohoo!
In closing...another verse that keeps coming into my head while I type:
Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like. - James 1:22-24
AMEN! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment