Saturday, November 15, 2008

Danny Kaye

So, if you don't know who Danny Kaye is....well...let me educate you! He is definitely one of my classic favorite actors. He was in the movie classic Hans Christian Anderson, Court Jester, On The Riviera (my fave), and many more!! I was raised on the classics....Cary Grant, Doris Day,etc....so I have a deep appreciation for them.

Anyways, I was bored and frustrated with al my music Friday and wanted a new Christmas album. So I went on itunes and looked through the "holiday" section (side note: X Christmas was #9 album :D ) and I found the Andrew Sisters Christmas Album....raised on them as well. Soooo I got it...was enjoying the classics and then the song "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth"...and guess who was the guest vocalist?! Yup, Danny Kaye! LOVE IT...he is so goofy...I listened to it over and over and just smiled. I mean, I know not everyone will get it and think its fantastic, but it takes back. I sent it to my whole family to enjoy and they loved it. Just kinda made my day....just a simple little piece of goodness. :D

Anyways, there it is...and if you ever come across anything Danny Kaye please let me know....ESPECIALLY the movie "On The Riviera"....I cant find it anywhere :(

ok, back to drowning myself in work....hiding away in bauhaus with jess.

No comments: