Sunday, November 30, 2008

December 1st..Important For A Few Reasons!

this day holds so much for me...

#1 - 3 years ago taylor was born. I will forever remember that day. I got the call that Hallie was in labor. I jumped in my car and drove like a mad woman from Federal Way (WV headquarters) all the way up Everett in SNOW! Yea, I made it in 45 minutes....shhhhh! haha. I unfortunately was not there when Taylor was born...I had to work at the pier on the waterfront of Seattle...One Life Experience was open for the public on World Aids Day. Taylor is such a blessing in my life and I am so very thankful for one of the most amazing...if not THE MOST AMAZING NIECE in all of history. Side note, it was her friends bday party today...and I got to crash it after I worked at UO....she was out like a light after the merry-go-round ride...so cute!

#2...its World AIDS Day....and if you know me...this is very important in my life. One Life Revolution was a HUGE part of my life for 3 years....almost 3 years ago. And since the program is no longer...well, its bitter sweet. Thank God the OLE is up and in full effect...and well, thanks to my buddy Scott Erickson...the OLR artwork/translation can be seen on my neck :) I am very proud of that tattoo...as that is such a passion of mine that will always continue on. So make sure to do something today...and well always remember those impacted by AIDS. In so many countries...Africa...there are generational gaps because of the AIDS pandemic...children raising children...do something to help!

#3...I have a few friends that also have birthdays today...and for them I am grateful cause they are friends that I am so glad I have in my life and pray that our friendships continue to grow and more memories to be made...So Happy Birthday to Drew Holwerda and Janie Taylor....and as horrible as this sounds...I know I have more friends that have bday's today...so I suck and HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY!!

No comments: